Saturday, July 12, 2014

Prayers needed *updated*

SFP mom here. Found a large lump on Isabelle's inner back leg. Ping pong ball size. Hard and red. There's a small spot on top of her leg that looks like it could have been a bug bite, so I'm praying that it was just a nasty reaction.

It's not an emergency per se, so I'm waiting until Monday to go to the vet unless something changes. She's still eating, drinking, pottying, walking as normal.

You pug people know how terrifying this is. Your mind automatically goes to cancer. At 14, I don't know that Isabelle would survive the surgery, much less chemo or radiation. And I don't want her to be in any pain or discomfort just because I want her to live a few more months.

So please pray, send positive thoughts, whatever juju you can spare for me and Isabelle. I'm freaking out, and I need to be strong to handle whatever this turns out to be.

Thanks in advance.

Update
Overnight, the mass started bleeding which is never a good sign. We are back from the ER vet who said it is very likely cancer. Isabelle has pain medication and an antibiotic for now. We will be going to our regular vet Monday to come up with a plan.

8 comments:

  1. We have all our paws crossed for Isabelle and sending strong Pug POTP.
    prayers and hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending POTP! Hope it are nuffin serious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are sending lots of good vibes your way
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are sending our prayers and good thoughts for Isabelle and we are also sending strength for you to manage through this trying time.

    Roxy & Lucky & Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh no I am so very sorry to hear this

    retro rover

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, Isabelle! I'm just seeing this and am not happy about your trip to the ER. I am praying that your regular vet has a plan and has a positive prognosis. And I know it's not too late to pray for a healing - for that bump to go away as quickly as your mom noticed it! Please keep us updated when you can.
    Lots of love,
    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this Ellyzabethe and I'm so sorry to hear about Isabelle! Gammy and my prayers are with you and her as you decide the best plan and for it's execution. I know you will do what's best for her comfort and life!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We just saw the update, we hope your regular vet has better news
    we will keep the prayers coming for Isabelle
    hugs
    Mr Bailey, Hazel & Greta

    ReplyDelete